Friday, February 09, 2007

Is there such thing as a magic bullet?

I was discussing with one of the team yesterday about whether or not there is such a thing as a magic bullet for organisations to solve all their problems through 'one quick fix'........I would be interested in any views you have about this, but for me - I don't think there is such a panacea!

This is not to say that there are not 'quick wins' that will generate immediate improvement but we need to differentiate these short term gains with long-term sustainable change and one does not automatically lead onto the other (whilst you can make a rapid improvement you may not fully realise the potential benefits that are possible).

As for the 'magic bullet' that converts sticky mud into rivers of gold and which converts poor performance into sustained improvement, if you know where to find it can you let me know please?

No comments: