Friday, January 26, 2007

What makes a Lean Hospital?

As I was running a series of programmes with the NHS last week and again earlier this week, I was asked several times 'When do we know we are a truly Lean Hospital?'

This is an interesting concept and combines factors such as the numbers of people who are trained as 'Change Agents' and their level of training, the broad awareness of Lean across a trust and a core of 'Practitioners' who have been involved in multiple events.

However, more than this, it is also about attitude, allocation of effort, leadership involvement and perhaps most importantly, achievement of results on an on-going basis.

Over the next few weeks I am going to write a paper on this topic and would welcome your thoughts which you can either post here or email me. Alternatively, if you would be interested in receiving a copy of this paper when it is written, please let me know by emailing me.

You can email me on markeaton(a)amnis-uk.com (replace the (a) with the @ symbol when you do it of course).

No comments: